Thursday, February 7, 2013

FO T-shirts for all

With the school holidays here I have managed to get a little more sewing done than normal - woohoo.  I seem to have gone a little t-shirt crazy, and have more planned but here is where I'm at with them so far.

I got this gorgeous roadway knit fabric towards the end of last year for my car loving boy.  Again this is an ottobre pattern (do I ever use anything else?  Well yes but not very often) 3/2010 #14, in a size 98 with 110 length.  The plain knit fabric for the sleeves and the ribbing were from stash.



A really quick t-shirt to whip up and the boy seems happy with it.  Fit is good although I may add a smidgen more length to the next one (or two).
Having sewn this up I couldn't help but imagine this fabric in teeny tiny baby size, and luckily for me a friend had a wee baby boy :-)  So here is Mr E's wee t-shirt.  Pattern is ottobre 3/2011 #12, in size 62, sewn exactly to pattern.  I chose an envelope neck pattern this time because I think they are nice and easy to get on small babies.

And finally Miss M is never one to miss out so here is a quick wee t-shirt for her too, ottobre 3/2008 #2, size 80 with 86 length.  I was a bit nervous this would be a bit small as I have been sewing mainly size 86 for her lately but it was already cut out so I threw it together anyway.  In this patternt he front neck gathering is done with a gathering thread instead of elastic and I never seem to be able to get it even when I do it this way (never again lesson learned), so yes the neck gathering is a little off to one side.  I'm pleased with how it turned out with the white binding though and again fabric from Mum's stash.


And the fit turned out perfect.  I like where the neckline sits and it is a good fit for both width and length, woohoo.


No comments:

Post a Comment