Wednesday, February 6, 2013

FO Matilda Cardigan

I haven't done a lot of knitting this year at all, I have been in the sewing groove for a while now, but I did finish off this wee cardy for Miss M during our christmas break.
There is a bit of a story behind this cardy as I was asked to test-knit it by the designer way back in September.  At the time I declined saying that I didn't have the time as we were all sick and had birthday's and christmas coming up etc, but she assured me that there was no deadline she would just like someone else to look over it.  How can I say 'No' to that, especially when it is such a cute wee pattern.
So here is my version of the Matilda Cardigan by Schneckenstrick.  I made the size 2y in a lovely worsted weight bamboo/silk yarn that I bought in a destash last year.  The sheen of this yarn is gorgeous and the stitch definition is lovely as well.  The lovely flower buttons are from Jodulbug Creations.  This is knitted exactly to pattern and the only slight alteration I would make next time is to add a little more length to the skirt part, but I love the result and we have had many lovely comments when Miss M has worn it.




And here it is on Miss M.



Overall a lovely project and I am pleased with the finish.  There is quite a lot of knitting in the skirt section because of the gathering but it is worth it for the cute result :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment