So today was the day. Found the pattern this morning (ottobre once again 4/2010, design 11), traced it, chose fabric and had them all finished off before dinner. Going by Mr A's measurements I had to make him a size 92 so I traced this size but added approximately 10cm length and the final fit is perfect. I really like this pattern too. It's designed to be made in woven fabric but I used sweat shirting fleece and I omitted the bottom cuffs from the pattern. Also as this pair was really just to assess fit I didn't bother with the extra detailing at the knees or the belt loops or drawstring. I think the next pair I make I will try the knee panel detail but probably not change anything else.
So the fabric I chose was some I had left over from some other trackies I made him ages ago that are now too short. I'm pretty sure I bought a metre of the fabric and have now got 2 pairs out of it. These ones are particularly economical on fabric because of the back yoke and option of cutting the front in 3 sections so you don't even need the full leg length to get a pair out :-)
Anywho.... the front