Sunday, May 29, 2011

FO: Victoria Cardy

I have been on a bit of a roll of finishing things that have been sitting dormant in the last week or so and it feels so good that I should really do it more often.
One of the first things I tackled was a Victoria Cardy that I started a long time ago for Miss M.  This is a fabulous pattern by the talented NZ designer Justine Turner and I knew that I would HAVE to knit it if I ever had a girl.  I actually purchased the pattern some time ago and knitted the 8ply version as a new baby gift for a friend.
This time around I opted for the 4ply version and did a 6m size for Miss M.  I used some fabulous hand dyed yarn from Knitsch in the Gwyneth colourway and I am so delighted with how this has knitted up, it will be a firm fav this winter I can tell.  The photos weren't taken in the best light so they really don't do the colour justice.
Everything about this design scream feminine and little girly without being over the top.  I LOVE IT!!!

2 comments:

  1. That's gorgeous - and so is she! Looking so grown up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous cardigan and the "model" is so cute! That shade of pink is great on her :)

    ReplyDelete