Saturday, March 19, 2011

Review: MinkyBots Cloth Nappy

A few weeks ago I was lucky enough to be given the opportunity to review a cloth nappy from MinkyBots thanks to Kiwi Mummy Blogs.  I am already a cloth nappy user but as I generally sew my own I have very few branded cloth nappies in my stash and those that I do have were nearly all second hand.  So I eagerly awaited my fluffy mail and I can tell you it was well worth the wait!

The nappy that arrived is just gorgeous and very well made, and it's minky so it's soft and scrummy.  It came with two microfibre inserts and although I don't usually use microfibre, especially not on it's own, in the interest of the review I gave it a whirl.
The nappy I received is a med and it is a good fit on Miss M who is currently 8kg and 68cm long.  I like the fact that the thighs and waist can be adjusted accordingly, it takes account for Miss M's rather chubby wee thighs :-)   She isn't on the tightest setting so this would fit a longer leaner baby well, but she still has plenty of room to grow in it so I think this would be a good long lasting nappy from the perspective of fit.
Having used this nappy several times now I am more than happy to rave about it and recommend these to anyone looking for a stylish and functional pocket nappy.  I even found that the two inserts received lasted Miss M for 2-3h no problems, and the nappy stood up to the requisite poo explosion test!
At the bargain price of $21 for a minky pocket nappy and $3.50 per microfibre insert I would say they are a winner.

Here are a few pics of Miss M showing off her new nappy

No comments:

Post a Comment