Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Ysolda Love

Yesterday I took some time to catch up on some blog reading which I haven't been doing much of lately. I try to follow a lot of blogs and have many favs but one of the ones I love to spend time catching up on is that of my current fav knitting pattern designer Ysolda Teague. I discovered Ysolda's designs through Ravelry and after reading her blog discovered that she lives in a city that I think of as my second home, Edinburgh. I spent 3 years living and working in Edinburgh and it still holds many fantastic memories for me and I find the gorgeous photos on Ysolda's blog often take me back there.
Anyway back to the point. While reading some recent posts of Ysolda's blog I discovered that her new and much awaited book Little Red in the City is now available for pre-order and will be available in time for my birthday - squeeeee!
I already own both of Ysolda's current books, Whimsical Little Knits and Whimsical Little Knits 2, and wholeheartedly intend to get myself a copy of her new book as well. I have knit a few of her designs already and not only love the easy to follow patterns but also find I always get to learn some new technique along the way. Here are my Ysolda offerings to date
Elijah


Ishbel

Ripley


Veyla

Of these my Veyla mitts would have to be my absolute fav, in fact they are probably one of my fav FOs of all time.  I adore the pattern and they are knitted in the stunningly soft and squishable cashmere/merino in Dreich from Old Maiden Aunt (more about these yarns in another post later I'm sure).

Just before christmas Ysolda set up a 'holiday shop' and as a result I was lucky enough to receive this as a slightly late christmas present last week.

And inside a gorgeous WIP bag featuring the Ysolda design Sophie :-)

Now to find the time to cast on another Ysolda design to keep inside it, I think next on the list for me is the Scroll Lace Scarf knitted in Old Maiden Aunt alpaca/silk in Red red rose as shown in the pattern picture.

1 comment:

  1. oooooooooooh another big fan here!!! ive made three pairs of veylas now but none for me! lol, might need to do something about that i think ;)

    ReplyDelete